Tuesday, August 21, 2012

March 2012 - Out-patient surgery and a visit to Dan and Betty's home








March began with outpatient surgery for me in Burnet, Texas.  I had been having trouble with my left knee since before Christmas.  After X-rays, MRI, I was diagnosed with a torn meniscus in my left knee.  I suspected the diagnosis since I had a similar surgery in 2009.  I was scheduled on 3/1 for out-patient surgery that went very well.  Trying to get around inside the RV on crutches was worse than the pain caused by surgery.  Two weeks later we were traveling south to Concan/Leakey area to visit my brother Dan and his wife Betty.  They have been remodeling their home and Dan wanted more help with electrical updates to the kitchen, bath areas.  They were making some real progress in the kitchen, shown in the first four pictures.  The last three pictures will eventually be the laundry/master closet; tub/vanity/shower/toilet area of the bath; and last picture of the bedroom area of the master suite.  We spent 6 days in the Concan/Leakey area.  Our Verizon phones don't work there, so we had to rely on the pay phone in the park and Tengo-net connections for internet to communicate with the "outside world."  At least our satelite dish worked so we could see all our favorite TV shows.  It's amazing how much we rely on our cell phones for communication.  I arranged to start twice weekly therapy sessions on my knee when we returned to the Robinson area.  My therapy lasted for 5 weeks and I was recovering nicely when the therapy ended.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment